Monday, February 21, 2011

UGH!! Problems at Walmart


Okay, So I have bragged & bragged on my Walmart for quite some time now, but this morning was the PERFECT example of choosing your cashier wisely!!  Some might say "WHY??, If we are following the rules then why should it matter?"  That is correct!! WHY should it matter???  Well it does!  I had about 7 coupons denied at my Walmart today because I was in a hurry and did not follow my own advice!  The girl that was checking me out, was very nice, but called a CSM over to okay my coupons!!  Well of course the CSM that comes over says that I cannot use the coupons because they are over the value of the item!  (Probably, none of this would have happened if I had pre-calculated and had not ended up in the negative!!! OOPS)  Live & Learn!  Anyway,  I knew that Walmart was suppose to take those coupons, so as soon as I left I called 1-800-WALMART and talked to corporate and guess what... I WAS RIGHT!!!  LOL!!  The lady that I was talking to said that if I was still in the store, she would have talked to them herself!  Oh well!  Anyway, when shopping at Walmart be prepared!!  

1)  Take the coupon Policy with you.  Print it HERE.
2)  Take the Price Matching policy with you.  Print it HERE.
3)  Choose your Cashier Wisely!!! (It's a shame that I have to say that)
4)  Cover all overage with other items!
5)  Keep this number handy: 1-800-WALMART (Its also a shame that I have to say that!)
6)  Be nice, losing it will NOT help anything.  I know this is hard, especially when you know you are right, but momma always said "You catch more Bee's with Honey"!

Hopefully being prepared will make your bad experiences at Walmart minimal!

4 comments:

  1. I had a not so great experience at Wal-Mart this weekend. I thought the cashier was a pretty good pick, but OH WAS I WRONG! She scrutinized everything about my purchase!
    I bought regular priced items (Mobil 1, Caster Oil, Oil Filter, 2 pair of Toddler pants, etc) and then told the cashier that I had a few things to price match (items set aside according to how my ads were organized)! She said that was fine and I started to show her my ads as she checked out the items. I started out with a Kroger ad and she said “we do not price match gimmicks” and I said that I have never had a problem with this ad before at other Wal-Marts. My cashier walked over to another cashier and she started shaking her head and SCREAMED over in my direction “we do not price match gimmicks” she repeated it 3 times, still screaming. My cashier walked over and said “as you just heard ‘we do not price match gimmicks’.” I was absolutely mortified because everyone turned to look at me. I simply stated Wal-Mart has a price matching policy and should honor this ad (I was extremely nice considering her attitude!) She screamed “we do not price match gimmicks” again and said do you want these items or not. I said no and moved on to other ads. This went ok, but when I handed her my coupons at the end of the transaction she pulled out EVERY ITEM that I had coupons for and rechecked them for accuracy. As she was doing so she asked me if the items were the same as what the coupon stated. I told her they were and I was not trying to cheat anyone out of anything. She laughed under her breath as she gave me my total. I paid and left! On my way home I called back to the store and talked to a manager, but my cashier had already talked to the manager and it was pointless. I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS WALMART (Fayetteville, TN) AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would call 1-800-walmart and let them know how you were treated. As long as it has the price stated in the ad, they have to match it. EVEN if it wasn't there was NO REASON AT ALL that they treated you like a criminal. To Humiliate you like that was wrong. And I would sure let them know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, print the Price Match policy. What were they calling a gimmick?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Florence Walmart still will not take the "Price matching coupons". I had a great cashier this past weekend and she keyed in every coupon that came back (For example the Sensodyne Toothpaste for free) but on the price matching coupons she nor the CSM would take them. So I give up on using those.

    ReplyDelete