Sunday, March 13, 2011

Coupon Etiquette


Okay...Soap box time...LOL!!
I know that we are ALL excited about the new Walmart coupon policy!  While it is awesome & we will be able to get LOTS of FREEBIES, we cannot forget our Couponing Etiquette!  I read this morning where a lady used 97 of those $3/1 Purex coupons on 97 of the 97¢ Sample packs and got $157 in cash back! (I certainly hope it wasn't one of my readers, lol!)  That was not at all my intent.  When people start doing stuff like that, it will cause (2) things to happen that will effect all couponers, even the ones that are not taking advantage.  Number One, and my most fearful is that companies will start stipulating sizes on ALL coupons or make the values of the coupons less.  Number 2, Walmart will change the policy again & stop giving overage.
While overage is awesome, and it does tickle us to get cash back, try not to make a habit of it.  Publix has been doing this for years & I can count on my fingers how many times I have gotten cash back. Most of the time, I use the overage to purchase other items that I need.  A few times I have miscalculated and ended up getting cash back by accident.  
I know that the policy states that they WILL give you cash back for overage, but may I suggest doing this very seldom.  The last thing we want is for companies to put sizes on all coupons.  Instead, use this overage to purchase other items you might need, especially things you don't have coupons for.

Try and be patient with your Walmart Cashiers, as this policy is very new & some stores are not great about passing this information on to its employees.  Keep the policy handy if you run into a problem. It can be printed HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment